So last entry seems like a zillion years ago... pretty close! Since then a whole new chapter has been in the making. I´m in Mendoza, Argentina for this one. I had my beautiful girl over for my first 2 weeks here. She is super cute, and we got to celebrate her 30th birthday together (28 if you ask her). The joint account also gave me the opportunity to have a little luxury along the way too. She´s back home now, and I miss her like crazy... Mostly to be honest because she can speak spanish, and I, well, cant! So its a little crazy here right now. I´ve spent a week intensive spanish lessons, and already think that I had a little too much information overload. My brain is actually feeling heavier, I´m gonna give it a break for a week, and go to Chile tomorrow night.
Its funny here, last entry I think I was writing all about my crappy weight issues years ago... Well, I once upon a time almost got back to a healthy size, but laziness, too many big nights, my intense love for bread, pototoes, rice and alcohol have gradually been putting (what I thought) little by little back on. In England I was weighing myself weekly, and seemed to had worked itself out, in the larger end of what I could deal with... Ya know, 15-20kilos from the ideal, but it was Winter and too fun going out to take too much notice of my clothes shrinkage. So heres the funny thing about here... every pharmacy has the scales at them that back home would charge you $1 to use, well here they are free! Funny hey!! Well not really, not ha ha funny, but it is when I decided I´ll see if all my walking while being here, and cutting the bread had made any difference... Well... I´m sure if I hadn´t been in such a good mood from my wine in the Plaza here, I may have found the first crazy ass taxi driver to walk infront of!! I had put ON 13kilos... WHAT THE F???? What has happened to me... everything I had done to get myself from the verge of an instant popcorn heart-attack victim, is now being laughed at by my stupidity, and lack of self control. I cant believe I bloody chose to think that those dodgy home scales were accurate, and that my clothes were actually getting tighter from drying them of the heater! Like seriously, I guess this is how the brain works... It can tell itself anything that it needs to, if it doesn´t want to hurt itself, or face to a reality its not wanting. I cant let this stop me from what my dreams are, I´m doing something about this shit!! Basicly, I´m officially on day 4 of my new thing... the 100days to change my world program. Lets call it the 100days to change my world program? Nah, okay... Well maybe something like "100 day smackdown-snackdown" I dunno, its not important... what is is the rules! I´m still working out the exact details... but basicly, no bread, no pasta, no rice, no "papas frites" - potato chips, no beer, no alcohol that isnt wine - with a limit on how much of that I can drink, dropping over time specified later, no soft drink, no tempting unhealthy snacking, but lots of water! And confessions... All confessions of what little tiny naughtiness, or splurge will be reported on this blog, and comments and boo´s will be welcomed! I need this, I´m 28 now, and I don´t want to spend the rest of my youth unhealthy, unhappy, and ashamed of my situation. I have a lot of love that I´m surrounded by, and friends that don´t care what I look like, but this is for me... I need to remember that I love myself, that my body is a gift, and will hopefully be moving me about for many many more years to come, without all the problems those who didn´t do something when they could´ve, seem to get and have. That and I´m too darn good looking to be fat... Well thats what a casting agent told me once!! Said that if I was plain and fat I´d get work far easier than someone whose attractive, but fat... People cant relate apparently, cant not stop feeling sorry for the poor girl that obviously cant control herself, when "oh, she´d be alright if she wasn´t a fatty!!" So this is it... Its the beginning... it start now!! Wish me luck guys... In a place like South America I´m gonna need as much help as I can with the food challenge. Steak and salad is it - not the best food for an ex-vegetarian that still prefers that lifestyle, oh yeah, the salad here is also amazing too... tomato and shredded iceberg, hmmmm... Yummy! Yep, that´s the advertised ensalada!
Okay, a que for the computer...
One last thing, I promise now, and in writing, that I will reveal my weight 4 days ago, in 96days, regardless to how well I do on this challenge, AND my weight on the final day too... Lets call it incentive! Wish me luck... I´ll need it!!
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment