Monday, 4 April 2011

Made it to Chile... Finally!

So I´m in the beautifully diverse country of Chile now, I´m now in Santiago, though only just. Have been in Valparaiso for the last few days... Very cool city! Got the fantastico oportunity to stay with a local thanks to my good friend back home that happens to come from this fine Country. The millions of roads all leading up different streeted hills, fit snuggly between the densely populated houses of a thousand colours, twisting and turning all the way up. A trip on the local Microbus is quite literally a rollercoaster ride, only cheaper and most certainly more dangerous. The brilliantly coloured buildings alone are worth the trip. All seemingly trying to get both the suns rays and a view of the bay, making sure they are noticed on their own behalf. I stayed with a young lady who owns the very funky and uber cool `Mora´ Cafe. The food there is a much needed change from the Argentinian Asado (bbq meat) diet. I actually had a salad that consisted of more than just tomato and lettuce... exciting!! I have asked her to give me the recipe for the Pastel de Zapella (may not be the correct spelling) though basicly its a delicious combination of vegies all cooked together, topped with a sweet mash of pumpkin... yuuummmm! I´ve decided that I´d like to add to this blog with the addition of both reviews and recipes. But now, I have to sign out a little earlier than I´d like as I have someone waiting for the hostel computer. Darn sharing, another one of those things deaply embedded since childhood as the right thing to do... Who likes doing the right thing?

2 comments:

  1. the young lady is beautiful and very intelligent too. Her english is just perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course all the above is perfectly true!! She is the bestestestest!!

    ReplyDelete